This program is intended for incoming 11th and 12th grade local high school students and recent high school graduates, particularly students from under-served communities - African-American, Latino, Indigenous, students in the foster system, immigrant, and refugee, LGBTQIA+, first-generation college students.
The Summer Impact Program aims to help students increase their knowledge and skills in diversity, equity, and inclusion while building a bridge between what they are learning in high school to their future college and employment success. These will be highly interactive virtual sessions. Participants that complete all four Summer Impact sessions will receive a Digital Badge Certificate in Diversity and Inclusion.
Additional program highlights include:
- Gain skills needed to succeed in college or employment
- Discover how to navigate the college experience
- Opportunity to make connections with college students, faculty, experts
- Discover how to become an advocate for inclusion
- Learn the available services at LCC